Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

4 participantes

The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted"

Para Bellum
    Para Bellum

Número de Mensagens : 3692
    País : The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted" Portugalpi7

The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted" Empty The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted"

Mensagem  Para Bellum 28.08.09 10:08

Hey folks, Dev here with the update for the second instalment of the DTP (Devin Townsend Project)

We are just readying the release of album 2, Addicted so here’s a few brief words:

With Ki, I kind of strode out in uncharted territories for myself musically, and loved the experience. But during the course of writing this 4 record project, it was inevitable that I would end up writing a selection of tunes that were very much in line with my back catalogue. This group of songs is the second record in the series, and it is called ADDICTED.

Musically, Addicted is along the lines of the big, wall of sound hard rock / heavy metal of Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution (even Physicist at points). It is a very direct and ‘to the point’ album with an emphasis on groove and the chorus. In the past, lots of my records end up taking a kind of Pink Floyd-ish route (between song meandering etc.) … Addicted is really simple: 11 rocking songs and no bullshit.

I wanted to make a record that was heavy, without being dark or depressing. When I got into metal it was for the energy behind it, but somewhere along the way that energy started getting really negative. In music right now, there’s a ton of heavy bands that are really depressing to listen to loudly. I wanted to make a record without any real deep metaphor on the surface. Something that sounds good, has a good beat, and a positive feeling. It is still heavy as-all-get-out, but I think there’s a differentiation to be made between being ‘peaceful’, and being peaceful but wanting to celebrate loud, crushing music.

The vocal duties on this record are handled by myself and Anneke van Giersbergen. (I wanted to have male and female vocals kind of ‘tell the story’ so to speak). It’s an honour to work with her and she has a lovely, lovely energy. The other musicians on this record are Ryan Van Poederooyen on drums, Brian Waddell on bass, and Mark Cimino on guitars.

I love this record, it affects me in a way that I wasn’t prepared for. It’s a fully rocking album of optimism. If you just want to ‘play it loud’ without any crazy metaphor, this album might be for you!

On other notes:

I have been rehearsing with a new band, and we will start touring in early 2010, representing all the back catalogue of solo material, from Ki, Addicted, Physicist, Ziltoid, Terria, Ocean Machine, dtb, Infinity etc… I have some big plans for this and rehearsals are sounding amazing. The touring entity will be called ‘Devin Townsend’ and is essentially a way for me to get out there and interact again and showcase 15 years of music that never really got it’s fair shake. We look forward to seeing you out there!

I will start the work on the fourth record Deconstruction in Los Angeles in October, some great plans for that… (and btw, THAT is a heavy record with a lot of metaphor…) news on that as it comes!

So I hope you will enjoy Addicted, in the theme of the dtp, the reason Addicted exists is maybe a little deeper than what the record sounds like up front. But up front, it kind of states: ‘Life is tough, the world can be an ugly place…so lets forget about the dramas and ROCK – here’s some heavy guitars, big choruses and killer beats’

Song Titles:

ADDICTED
    UNIVERSE IN A BALL
    BEND IT LIKE BENDER!
    BEAUTIFUL CRUSH
    HYPERDRIVE
    WILD HEARTS
    IH-AH!
    THE WAY HOME
    NUMBERED
    SOULS AWAKE!
    OM

Devin.

The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted" Addictedcover
    Necr6phag1st
    Necr6phag1st
    Administrador

Número de Mensagens : 2006

The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted" Empty Re: The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted"

Mensagem  Necr6phag1st 28.08.09 15:13

O Ki está muito bom, mas de facto mais peso é bem vindo! Hail
    Para Bellum
    Para Bellum

Número de Mensagens : 3692

The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted" Empty Re: The Devin Townsend Project novo álbum "Addicted"

Mensagem  Para Bellum 28.08.09 18:35

Necr6phag1st escreveu:O Ki está muito bom, mas de facto mais peso é bem vindo! Hail

Ya, este Ki é mais atmosférico mas penso que são 4 cds com sonoridades diferentes que ele vai fazer o HEVY DEVY! Hail Hail
    King.Babar
    King.Babar

Número de Mensagens : 5805

Mensagem  King.Babar 28.08.09 18:39

Para Bellum escreveu:
    Necr6phag1st escreveu:O Ki está muito bom, mas de facto mais peso é bem vindo! Hail

Ya, este Ki é mais atmosférico mas penso que são 4 cds com sonoridades diferentes que ele vai fazer o HEVY DEVY! Hail Hail
    exatamente
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 28.08.09 20:05

Ainda não ouvi nada do gajo.. Louco
    intricacy_

Número de Mensagens : 1606

Mensagem  intricacy_ 28.08.09 20:32

Shades escreveu:Ainda não ouvi nada do gajo.. Louco

Uma das primeiras bandas dele, os Ocean Machine, têm dos meus álbuns de Prog favoritos de sempre, o Biomech.
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 28.08.09 20:48

intricacy_ escreveu:

Uma das primeiras bandas dele, os Ocean Machine, têm dos meus álbuns de Prog favoritos de sempre, o Biomech.

Nice, sendo assim terei que investigar, thanks. Hail
    King.Babar
    King.Babar

Número de Mensagens : 5805

Mensagem  King.Babar 29.08.09 12:20

Shades escreveu:
    intricacy_ escreveu:

Nice, sendo assim terei que investigar, thanks. Hail
    tens mesmo, o homem é um genio

Conteúdo patrocinado

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Data/hora atual: 02.05.24 8:10