Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork

Convidad
    Convidado

PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork Empty PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork

Mensagem  Convidad 14.07.09 23:10

British gothic metal pioneers PARADISE LOST are streaming a new song, "As Horizons End", on their MySpace page. The track comes off the band's new album, "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us", due on September 28, 2009 in Europe and October 6, 2009 in the U.S. via Century Media Records.

Commented vocalist Nick Holmes: "This song is about someone who's on a downward spiral. Working too hard and trying to claw back some positive spirit by participating in all the so-called joyous occasions in life, socializing and networking but to no avail, the long days have crushed the soul till only disappointment and cynicism remains. This song was inspired by the thousands of disheveled-looking middle-aged businessmen I see in airports each year. This track has had a dozen facelifts since its inception and in true fashion, it was never intended to be the first track. Once it was mixed though it was hard to imagine any other song opening the album."

Added guitarist Greg Mackintosh: "The whole point to this song was to capture a feeling of foreboding. Like when a thunderstorm is approaching. All the chord progressions are supposed to give an ominous sense of dread. The mid section lulls you into thinking that you're safe only to discover there is much bigger storm on the horizon."

"Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us" was recorded at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden with producer Jens Bogren. The highly anticipated follow-up to 2007's "In Requiem" features around 10 tracks, including "First Light", "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us", "Frailty" and "My Last Regret".

Holmes recently stated about the album's title, "The thoughts behind the title 'Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us' are very much self-explanatory. There is so much division in the world caused by obstructing religious belief. We are all made of the same flesh and bone. What makes one religion better than the other, and would any true god allow his creation to destroy itself? The vast number of different so-called faiths around the globe just helps to strengthen my complete denial of any god and force the belief that religion is nothing more than a man-made, cash-induced fabrication to exploit a human being's natural fear of death."

Regarding the band's decision to work with Bogren this time around, Holmes previously stated, "We are very happy with [producer] Rhys Fulber's work on the last album ['In Requiem'], but after working on three albums together, we decided it was time to go for a different approach. After hearing the work he did with our 'Anatomy Of Melancholy' live DVD, we decided that Jens Bogren was the man for the job."

He continued, "Our approach this time has leaned even more towards the heavier side of things, even more so than the last. It is vital not to lose touch with our musical trip over the last 20 years. Our music may have had different facelifts, but it has always been 'dark' and the new album will be no exception. Musically and lyrically.

"Writing a new album is always exciting; we never get bored of writing music, and for me, it is the best part of being in a band. Each album is like a challenge to better ourselves, or at the very least, do something that's different to everyone else. We strive to make the ultimate modern gothic metal album, and for me that has nothing to do with the common trend of 'romance' and 'roses.' It should be music to be murdered by."

PARADISE LOST recently enlisted Adrian Erlandsson (CRADLE OF FILTH, THE HAUNTED, AT THE GATES) as the band's new full-time drummer.

Commented guitarist Greg Mackintosh: "Adrian has been a friend and acquaintance for some time. After calling me to see if the drumming position was still vacant, we quickly arranged for an audition right before entering the studio to record our new album. We knew immediately that he was the man for the job. Playing the songs with him felt very natural. He is the same age as us and from a similar musical background. Unfortunately, it was too short notice to play on the new album, but everything we do from now on will have Adrian involved."

Added Adrian Erlandsson: "PARADISE LOST has been one of my favourite bands since I first heard them in 1990. When my fellow BRUJERIA member Jeff Walker told me that PL were looking for a drummer, I got in contact with Greg straight away. After a few chats and e-mails, I was on my way to the audition. I had learnt 10 songs out of their last setlist, but after playing only four songs, Nick [Holmes, vocals] said, 'The job is yours if you want it.' Great success!! I look forward to growing even older with the lads and rocking hard with them live!!"

PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork Paradise_faith

Última edição por nierika em 27.07.09 18:59, editado 1 vez(es)
    Convidad
    Convidado

PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork Empty Re: PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork

Mensagem  Convidad 14.07.09 23:11

Huummmm...tou curiosa para ouvir o resto do álbum!
    Convidad
    Convidado

PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork Empty Re: PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork

Mensagem  Convidad 20.07.09 21:18

Passei no myspace, no Sábado, e não deu para ouvir... passava logo para a Slave... Indiferente
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 20.07.09 21:19

BloodTells escreveu:Passei no myspace, no Sábado, e não deu para ouvir... passava logo para a Slave... Indiferente

tenta outra vez...eheheh...eu ouvi Gozo
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.07.09 19:01

Gosto da capa e das novas 2 musicas...nunca mais sai essa "merda"!!!
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 29.07.09 20:06

Tracklist:

01. As Horizons End
    02. I Remain
    03. First Light
    04. Frailty
    05. Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us
    06. The Rise Of Denial
    07. Living With Scars
    08. Last Regret
    09. Universal Dream
    10. In Truth
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 29.07.09 20:29

nierika escreveu:Tracklist:

01. As Horizons End
    02. I Remain
    03. First Light
    04. Frailty
    05. Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us
    06. The Rise Of Denial
    07. Living With Scars
    08. Last Regret
    09. Universal Dream
    10. In Truth

O que é que os Moonspell andam aqui a fazer? Gozo Fixe
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 31.07.09 20:26

Já ouvi os dois temas do novo álbum. Gostei dos dois, mas são bem diferentes. A minha preferência vai para As Horizons End onde destaco duas coisas: um andamento muito doomesco, a fazer lembrar os primeiros álbuns e a prestação vocal do Nick que se aproxima dos tempos do Icon/Shades Of God. O outro tema ouve-se mas não me encheu as medidas.

Vamos ver se temos uma aproximação ao período pré-Draconian Times.
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 01.08.09 14:43

BloodTells escreveu:Já ouvi os dois temas do novo álbum. Gostei dos dois, mas são bem diferentes. A minha preferência vai para As Horizons End onde destaco duas coisas: um andamento muito doomesco, a fazer lembrar os primeiros álbuns e a prestação vocal do Nick que se aproxima dos tempos do Icon/Shades Of God. O outro tema ouve-se mas não me encheu as medidas.

Vamos ver se temos uma aproximação ao período pré-Draconian Times.

Também gostei mais da "As Horizons End"...concordando com os aspectos que mencionaste.. por isso o estar curiosa para ouvir o resto do álbum, pois a outra música já a achei diferente....vamos ver o que sai daqui!
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 18:47

Nova música no myspace da banda..e esta está com novo layout
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 19:58

Este álbum promete.
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 21:15

Ora bem, vou lançar aqui um desafio a mim próprio: eu não vou ouvir mais nenhum tema do novo álbum dos PL até 25 de Setembro. Compro o álbum e depois digo mais qualquer coisita. Piscar de Olho

A coisa correu bem com Process Of Guilt, mas só tive de esperar 8 dias até ter o álbum. Vou ver se aguento um mês. E nada de me enviarem os links das músicas e dos vídeos, suas almas tentadoras!! lol!
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 21:21

BloodTells escreveu:Ora bem, vou lançar aqui um desafio a mim próprio: eu não vou ouvir mais nenhum tema do novo álbum dos PL até 25 de Setembro. Compro o álbum e depois digo mais qualquer coisita. Piscar de Olho

A coisa correu bem com Process Of Guilt, mas só tive de esperar 8 dias até ter o álbum. Vou ver se aguento um mês. E nada de me enviarem os links das músicas e dos vídeos, suas almas tentadoras!! lol!

lol! lol! vou bombardear o forum e o teu mail com links...ehehehe
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 21:27

É para avisar que durante o próximo mês vou estar alheado de toda e qualquer ligação ao mundo cibernético; portanto, as vossas tentativas serão infrutíferas!! Gargalhada
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 27.08.09 21:28

BloodTells escreveu:Ora bem, vou lançar aqui um desafio a mim próprio: eu não vou ouvir mais nenhum tema do novo álbum dos PL até 25 de Setembro. Compro o álbum e depois digo mais qualquer coisita. Piscar de Olho

lol! lol!
    King.Babar
    King.Babar

Número de Mensagens : 5805
    País : PARADISE LOST: New Song Available For Streaming + artwork Portugalpi7

Mensagem  King.Babar 28.08.09 4:16

BloodTells escreveu:É para avisar que durante o próximo mês vou estar alheado de toda e qualquer ligação ao mundo cibernético; portanto, as vossas tentativas serão infrutíferas!! Gargalhada
    so espero que nao te ''fodas''. com os children of bodom tive esse azar, apesar de nao comprar o album e de ser um bom cd. desiludiume mesmo assim.
    Convidad
    Convidado

Mensagem  Convidad 29.08.09 15:42

Não pode ser pior que o Believe In Nothing. E os álbuns de P. Lost são de compra obrigatória. Sorriso

Conteúdo patrocinado

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Data/hora atual: 02.05.24 10:28