Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Heavy Metal Portugal - Music

Phil Anselmo: "I Miss Dimebag More As Time Goes By"

Ripper
    Ripper

Número de Mensagens : 131
    País : Phil Anselmo: "I Miss Dimebag More As Time Goes By" Unitedstatesofamericausxr4

Phil Anselmo: "I Miss Dimebag More As Time Goes By" Empty Phil Anselmo: "I Miss Dimebag More As Time Goes By"

Mensagem  Ripper 26.04.10 14:13

Down frontman and former-Pantera frontman has spoken about his fallen former-bandmate Dimebag Darrell…
    KNAC.COM: It’s amazing how the legacy, the legend of PANTERA continues to grow. I realize Dime’s death has something to do with that, but still…

Anselmo: We made our mark, we damn sure did. You can’t dispute that. PANTERA will live on and be remembered because we were a band that goddamn meant something to people. To a lot of people, we were their band, man. And Dime, he was taken away in his prime. A lot of people probably feel that PANTERA was taken away from them before all had been said and done, too. And maybe it was, but now we’ll never know. It doesn’t matter if it’s Kurt Cobain or Layne Staley or John Lennon or fuckin’ Elvis, when someone that means so much to people dies before their time, like Dime did, they don’t go away. Memories are a strong thing, man, and sometimes they make that bond grow stronger. No matter what’s been said, or more to the point, what was written — because that’s another story entirely, the way things got twisted around — I loved Dime, too, and I miss him. I miss him more as time goes on. I honestly do. So you can see what I’m saying.

Phil Anselmo: "I Miss Dimebag More As Time Goes By" Imgf3d6c3a6zik0zj

KNAC.COM: For this autobiography you’re going to be doing, have you decided just what kind of story it’s going to tell, because your story could take any number of turns — rock and roll tell-all, cautionary tale or a chance to set the record straight, as it were?

Anselmo: I’ve thought things out, man, I don’t really wanna give it away too much. I would say it’s gonna be different to say the least. I’m not really one to praise all the elbow-rubbing and schmoozing and stuff like that that happened over the years, all the parties and stuff, people know that happened. And I’m also not gonna get into a pissing contest with my detractors, it’s not worth it and it’s not the story I’m trying to tell, that’s boring. When you say a cautionary tale, sure, I can buy that. Because I’ve definitely been through some shit, serious shit, man, and seen and experienced all kinds of shit and lived to tell. But there’s also funny stuff, sad stuff, angry stuff. You’re gonna have to just wait and see and read about it like everyone else (laughs).

Read the entire interview from KNAC.COM.

Source: www.metalhammer.co.uk

Data/hora atual: 20.05.24 17:31